Author (s) can submit a paper on any theme related to any field or disciplines.
Papers submitted to the Doon Journal of Multidisciplinary Research for publication must be original; else, they will be rejected (nominal percentage of similarity is acceptable). The Journal detects plagiarism using purchased software. But it is the author(s)’ responsibility to guarantee uniqueness. The Journal will not be held responsible for any issues with plagiarism or copyright.
A short abstract of 200 to 300 words that outline the main questions or themes addressed in the paper is required to be sent along with the paper is required to be sent along with the submission.
TYPES OF SUBMISSION:
Short-Articles: (2000-2500 words, inclusive of footnotes)
Articles: (2600-4000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
Research Papers: (4100-10000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
Case Comments: (2500-3000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
Book Reviews: (2000-3000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
Please do not submit more than one of any above mentioned list, before the rejection or withdrawal of the prior one.
A maximum of one co-author is permitted. Submission of more than 1 Co-Author shall be disqualified.
The method of citation which is expected to be followed is Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition.
FORMAT OF THE MAIN TEXT & THE FOOTNOTES:
- Times New Roman Font, size 12 is prescribed for all submissions.
- Further, the footnotes shall be in front size 10 and in the Times New Roman Font.
- A line spacing of 1.5 for the main text and 1.0 for the footnotes is to be followed
- All submissions are to be sent in either Doc. or Docx format (MS Word File).
Note: Any submission in pdf form shall not be accepted.
HEADINGS & SUB-HEADINGS SHOULD FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING STANDARD:
Headings and sub-headings: All Capitals and Bold and justify (Times New Roman Font, in font size 14).
COPYRIGHT LICENSING AGREEMENT:
All the submissions shortlisted for publication in the journal are bound to enter into a copyright licensing agreement with the journal. The said agreement will be transferring certain rights in favor of the journal.
We’ll be emailing a soft copy of the said agreement to the shortlisted manuscripts and they’ll have to take a print out of the same and then they’ll have to sign it and then email us a scanned copy of the said agreement at [email protected] or [email protected]. We’ll be publishing the shortlisted manuscripts in our journal only after receiving the scanned copy of the said agreement.
In a case, if the journal receives more than one paper on a similar topic then preference will be given to the best content and the other paper whose content is not better will be rejected and no excuse regarding the same will be entertained.
‘Doon Journal of Multidisciplinary Research’, follow a modern pattern of evaluating the submissions.
- The journal follows a Double-Blind-Peer-Review-Policy (it means that personal identities or details of the author(s) remain undisclosed).
- All the ‘submissions’ received for publication in the journal have to go through a process which is consisting of checking of plagiarism, grammatical mistakes, footnote errors and compliance with publication policy or submission guidelines. But, however, it is the duty of the author or authors as the case may be to ensure that they have followed the Bluebook 19th edition and their submissions are free from grammatical mistakes or free from other reasonable errors.
- If the submission passes the above-mentioned process, then the journal forwards it to the concerned Editorial Board Member or Peer-Reviewer.
- The concerned Editorial Board Member or Peer-Reviewer examines the submission very carefully. Board Member or Peer-Reviewer reserved the right to reject the submission of the author or authors.
- If the Editorial Board Member or Peer-Reviewer thinks that the submission need to be modified, then the concerned Editorial Board Member or Peer-Reviewer inserts his/her recommendations in the form of comments.
- Then the journal communicates the changes recommended by the Editorial Board Member or Peer-Reviewer to the concerned author(s).
- The author(s) has to incorporate the recommended changes within the given deadlines and has to re-submit it by emailing at [email protected] or [email protected]. It is mandatory for the author(s) to incorporate all the changes as suggested by the Editorial Board Member or Peer-Reviewer.
After receiving the modified submission the Publisher checks the submission. If the Publisher thinks that the author(s) has inserted all the changes recommended by the Editorial Board Member or Peer-Reviewer, then the Publisher sends a mail to the author(s) that your submission has been selected for publication. But, however, if the publisher thinks that the author(s) has not incorporated all the recommended changes, then the publisher provides another opportunity to the author(s) to incorporate the recommended changes as per the given deadlines otherwise the submission will be rejected.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
All the submissions must be uploaded or submitted through the journal’s official website or via Google Form’s Link as will be mentioned in the official notification.
- Submissions must be the originals & unpublished work of the author(s) and must not be submitted or must not be under consideration for publication in any medium whether online or offline.
- The journal reserves the absolute right to prepone or cancel or postpone the publication of research papers at any stage in the event of the occurring of any event, natural or man-made.
- The journal reserves the absolute rights to take any decision as per the situation which is not mentioned in this official notification and after taking such decision the same shall be notified on our official website or shall be communicated to the concerned author or authors (www.djmr.co.in).